The Skirt, Constructing the Dress pt. 1

      As many Cosplayers know... places like Joann's are places of magic, expensive magic, but magic none the less. There, one can find almost any kind of fabric for any kind of cosplay, and in this case, Joann's was my savior.
      I ended up buying a Prussian Blue silk and a dark Blue (almost purple) satin so that it could stand out as much as it does in the original design.

    Since I am a newbie at cosplay, I used the Simplicity Pattern  1026 (Live Action Cinderella dress pattern) as my basis for her gown. And since the pattern comes with the Fairy Godmother pattern I used her bodice to make my own since the ice queen also has that puffy thing like in the movie.



       I created the Prussian Blue skirt first, and I made the mistake of not looking at the picture clearer. if I had the time and the chance I would create an underskirt in the dark blue like the one she has on and cut the Prussian blue silk to match like the picture.  But since the small con is only a few weeks away I am not going to jeopardize this cosplay just yet.


      Moving on, I finally finished the skirt, making sure to cut the skirt longer than necessary so that it could touch the floor even when I put the Hoopskirt underneath.
      The hoopskirt, in general, became a major problem. the first one I found was on Wish.com and I tried buying it but my card didn't pass through. so next I asked my Dad to purchase it for me and he did and it never came. in the end, my friend Jojo had a hoopskirt from her Quince and I was able to use that and my mom's puffy underskirt from her wedding to make it all work together to give me the volume I needed.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bodice, Dress pt. 2

Entering the Ice Castle in the Land of Ooo