The Bodice, Dress pt. 2


once the skirt was finally constructed I started to build up the bodice. like I already mentioned before, I used the Simplicity Cinderella Live Action dress pattern and used the Fairy Godmother bodice to make it.



 I ended up using a TON of blue silk that my wallet wasn't happy about. I think in all I used around 9 ish yards of the Prussian blue and about 5ish of the Dark blue.

The sleeve on the dress was my first attempt at making a makeshift sleeve pattern and it turned out really well in my opinion. so I cut the sleeves out from the dark satin and pinned it all in place so that it would have puffy sleeves like in the picture of the Ice Queen.

after attaching both puffs to the sides of the dress and the sleeves my dress began to start looking like the picture.




the picture above is the dress with the two underskirts making it look a lot fuller. the hoopskirt has three rings but if you can get more, it would probably make your dress look a lot fuller.

in the Picture, the Ice Queen has a heart-shaped front part in a dark blue, so I cut a rectangle of blue that would fit around my bust and sewed it on before creating the heart line effect by pulling the middle down. in the end, it kinda looked like Ariel's Mermaid bra and I think it worked perfectly.

next, I added the dot and the tongue thing that she has on her dress just to make it look more accurate to the picture and original design.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Skirt, Constructing the Dress pt. 1

Entering the Ice Castle in the Land of Ooo